Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

A few doubts...

cherian
cherian
United States
2002/07/02, 10:27 PM
Hi,
I was just reading some of the old posted messages to clear a few doubts that i have. I seem to be more confused now. Would really appreciate if someone could clear them
1) What is the best time to workout ?
I read contradicting replies on this. Some suggested evenings and others suggested the mornings. My goal is to reduce weight. Currently i do weight training in the evenings (6pm). I start off with a cardio and then go on to do weight training. Is this approach ok ? Somehow, i was under the impression that doing weights in the morning is not good for the body ! Also, i prefer doing cardio and weight together (i.e. at the same time) so that i don't have to go to the gym twice.
2) I'm 6' tall and weigh currently 214 pounds. What do you think is an ideal weight for a 6' guy ? I was thinking 185, but it looks miles away ! Thinking of 200 now.
3) I have more fat at my abs, thighs and butt. (I must say Thunder thighs !). What is the best cardio exercise to reduce fat at these places ? I used to run on the treadmill and burn around 250 calories (in 30 mins), but just recently i got on to another of these machines (kind of cycling but not sitting on a chair...donno the name)in the gym that helped me burn 530 calories in 30 mins. I don't run all the time on the treadmill and that is probably why the difference (Combine 16 min running with some 14 min walking). But, is burning more calories really the key here ? I really want to target those critical areas that i mentioned earlier.
Thanks in advance. :)
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/03, 03:34 AM
Hello Cherian and welcome.

Don't complicate things for yourself. It doesn't matter what time you weight train and what machine you use for cardio. What matters is that you DO it and follow a program (and stick to it!!!).

Also forget about your weight. Do you feel fine with yourself then fine.

To succeed you need to stay determinated and focused and you'll get your wanted results in almost no time.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/03, 06:28 AM
But, I think the general consensus is to do the cardio after the weight training, so you won't be too tired.