Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello from Atlanta, GA

fcpsp
fcpsp
United States
2002/06/23, 01:35 PM
I am a 33 year old male from Atlanta. I am relatively new to the world of active fitness. Up until 2 years ago, I worked as a paramedic and that job with its active nature actually kept me in good shape by itself. I wasn't a bodybuilder by any means, but I was fit. I left EMS back in 2000 to take a position with IBM. I now am in a sedentary work environment and, that combined with my wife's wonderful cooking took its toll. For the first time in my life, I developed a gut and felt out of shape. A couple of months ago, I decided to do something about it and began to do some odd (meaning here and there) workouts around the house. Just doing that has diminished my gut and increased muscle tone. I am now working on getting in shape to begin pursuit of a martial art that I discovered several months ago and have been intrigued with. I am in the late stages of putting away the $$ to begin taking classes, and ran across this website, which I must say I am highly impressed with. I am going to be starting the home-based and abs workouts tomorrow and am excited to see the results. It is great to be on a regimen. Looking forward to conversing further with y'all.

Matt
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/23, 03:43 PM
Welcome to ft. Please be sure to fill out your profile. If you ask questions at some point it helps the folks answer them more accurately. And what martial art are you saving up to take?

--------------
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfect practice does.
fcpsp
fcpsp
United States
2002/06/23, 04:04 PM
Glad to be here...Just did my profile...and, the martial art I am saving to pursue is Krav Maga. It was actually on the Krav Maga website's message forum (http://www.kravmaga.com) that I was referred to this site.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/06/23, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear that you are positive change in your life. Does your wife plan to work out with you. It is always fun and more motivating when you have someone to work out with you, especially your spouse. Nice to have you join us.

--------------
Lisa