Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

i want to gain weight

lalopez
lalopez
United States
2002/06/04, 02:58 PM
Hello, I am 20 yrs. old and I weigh 85lbs. I am only 5 feet. I would like to gain like around 10 lbs. How much protein should I eat a day??? I currently eat protein bars that contain about 30 grams of protein. I have been working out for about a month and I workout 3 times a week in hope of gaining some weight. Please help me with some kind of workout routine especially for my legs and butt. How long will it take to see results???
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/06/04, 03:04 PM
Whew! Welcome to FreeTrainers. It sounds from your profile you want to gain some serious lower baody weight... Why don't you start with one of FT's 8 week mass programs and target your lower body, begin tracking your meals/caloric intake, and see how that goes. It has really worked for me.

You must eat 5-7 times, and consume more calories (in your case, dramatically more) than you are burning. As for protein, consume at least 1 gram per pound of body weight, so for you at least 85 grams. Having said that, I would, were I you, eat at least 2 grams per pound of body weight. This will help the mass building process along. Take a multivitamin, and drink a lot of water.

Good luck.

--------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/04, 05:47 PM
Good luck.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/04, 06:14 PM
Yup...Ischjli is right. Eat like a moose (5-7 meals per day) and make sure you are getting about 85-128g of protein per day. Are you male or female?

Oh well, in any event, to gain weight you need to eat big. Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
lalopez
lalopez
United States
2002/06/04, 06:21 PM
i am female,, and also, i can eat and everything, but i want most of my weight to be gainned in my lower body. If I lift dumbells to gain weight, will this extra food I am eating go where I work out??????
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/04, 06:27 PM
I believe females have a larger capacity to store fat in the lower portion of their bodies. You really can't direct where you'll gain weight (similarly, you cannot spot reduce), but you can make that part more muscular which should help give you that "big" look.

BTW, have you already signed up for an ft program? Why don't you let ft tailor a training schedule for you...you can also choose to target thighs and glutes.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!