Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Pleeeease Read!

gpriley1
gpriley1
United States
2002/05/10, 11:16 AM
I am getting ready to start your home training program. I see all the exercises for training and shaping, but I do not see any aerobic activity such as walking, etc. I am not just trying to shape. I am also trying to lose a signifigant amount of weight (60 pounds). I am not a big person, and I don't look as big as my weight, yet the charts say that my weight is classified as obese. Most of my weight was gained in pregnancy. and I didn't loose much, or gained it back. When I was younger, I ran track, and the sedentary state that I am in feels unnatural, though I have been this way for about 3 years. I have always had big legs, younger- they were muscular, now- more fatty. I have now aquired a much hated almost double chin and my stomach ( I used to have a tiny waste), arms and butt are, to me, noticably fatter. I really need to shape, but I also need to lose. Will this program help me lose. I would like to lose at the maximum fast pace that is healthily possible. Thank you. Please respond ASAP.

----------------------------
Life is a mind game
So is attitude and age.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/10, 11:24 AM
Well, we really need you to fill out your profile so we can get a better idea of how to help. The bottom line is it takes three things, cardio, diet, and weights. This site will give you the diet and the weight program. You want to burn fat you really need to incorporate your own cardio(biking, running, speedwalking, tennis, etc) into your program with ft.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
gpriley1
gpriley1
United States
2002/05/10, 11:36 AM
Wow!. I have been online for about 15 minutes and you already have answered me. I am very pleased. Okay .I fill out the profile right now, Thanks!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/10, 12:00 PM
Welcome to ft! There will be 3 things that you will need to lose weight:

1) The home training program should help you get toned. However, I would suggest investing in some dumbbells and work with free weights. This will help you add muscle...and muscle will help you lose fat by increasing your metabolism.

2) Adopt a good cardiovascular exercise. FT does not currently have a training program so you'll have to find one yourself. Start with low-impact ones (bike, elliptical trainer, swimming, etc.) about 3x per week for at least 20-30 mins. Gradually increase intensity and time to 45-60 mins.

3) Adopt a sensible diet. This is 80% of the battle! Feel free to use FTs nutritional tracking program. Also, use your search button for other diet discussions as there have been many.

Hope this helps and good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
gpriley1
gpriley1
United States
2002/05/10, 12:14 PM
I filled out a profile when I first started, I am having trouble figuring out what profile you are reffering to and how to access it. If this helps- I am 5'5", I am 190 pounds some days, big thighs, and big stomach as a result of pregnancy. I do not appear to be very big, but according to standards, I am obese. I wish to gain shape and muscle, but I do not want to bulke up on top of the bulk, seeing that I am naturally big in the thigh and butt area, whether it is muscle or fat. Want to worn toward lean looking musculature.
I really want to lose 60 pounds. I do not have a very healthy eating schedule all the time, I don't really have the time to plan very well. I am consious that no matter, my eating, because of circumstance, can be modified but will not completely change for now. I do like exercices such as walking, or stuff that is similar (love tae- bo, hate aerobics. I also would like to know is it alright to do 5 days insteadof three. Is off days the time for aerobic activity? Still looking 4 profile
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/10, 12:31 PM
As far as the profile goes, go to my ft, showcase profile. They are on the bar located at the top of your screen.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/11, 01:39 PM
Weight training won't make you look any bigger than you are, as a matter of fact will help you lose fat. As far as nutrition, just make small changes week by week or month by month, there's no reason you have to go all out right away. Doing aerobics 5 times a week is fine, I do the same thing. You can do aerobics any time you want, but the best time is in the morning before you eat breakfast, if that's not possible, do it after your weight training routine.