Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

New

thebigfig72
thebigfig72
United States
2002/03/22, 03:49 PM
Let me start by saying, that I have never had gains like I am currently experiencing. My chest and shoulders have exploded on the mass program.

Now my problem is that I am in my 7th week, and I am trying to run as well. I am overweight and I am currently up to a 10 minute run at 5MPH (yes treadmill). But my legs (quads) never seem to recover. They always seem tired. Am I missing something? Doing something wrong?

Anyway, after next week, my 8th week, I plan to take 2 weeks off to recover fully. I have not taken off more than 2 days in several months.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/23, 01:34 AM
No don't take two weeks off but just one. It'll be better.
Secondly try biking instead of running for a while. This will be nicer to your knees and it wont be that hard for your legs as well.
Then maybe you could do 15 mins.

Great to know about your gains and happy that you finaly wrote to us!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/23, 07:01 PM
Welcome to ft! Isn't the mass program great?

As far as the recovery of your quads, do you take any supplements? After your 8-week program, you can take a 1 week break instead of 2 if you like. During your break, you can continue with your treadmill (cardio) and ab work.

--------------
**_Robert_**