Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Karate Dad

jamesz
jamesz
United States
2002/03/18, 10:02 AM
Hi all. Just wanted to let people know about me, and hopefully get some advice. I'm 32, and a father of 4. About a year ago my doctor told me that if I didn't want to become a regular of his that I needed to loose some weight, lower my cholesterol and get my blood pressure in check. (Pretty bad shape for someone my age) I started dieting, and am now down to 210, I'm 5'8". Everything else is also making improvements.

I started taking Karate class with my son - for the Cardio workout that it provides, and that has helped immensely. I have found myself somewhat addicted to making myself look as good as I can. I started lifting weights, and joined a gym. I have been lifting for two weeks now. I found this site and have discovered that I have been lifting all wrong. Okay, maybe not ALL wrong. But, I have found this extremely helpful thus far.

I am really looking forward to using some of these tools to help me keep track of my progress.

I also started adding Protein shakes to my daily diet (38g per day), am taking a 25mg dose of ephedra on a daily basis, and a Centrum Multi-Vitamin every day. I'm following the recommended lifting schedule that I requested for weight loss and toning. (I actually just started it this morning.) I also get a Karate workout three times a week.

Am I on the right track with this? Obviously it's better than what I was doing a year ago, which is nothing. But, just looking for some reassurance... I guess. Any pointers, or helpful tips, criticisms will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/18, 10:27 AM
Welcome to ft! You're definitely on the right track! Sounds like you've made some improvements already. The keys are diet, cardio and weight training...and you're doing all 3!

Good luck and if you need motivation, you'll find lots here...

--------------
**_Robert_**
festus1113
festus1113
United States
2002/03/18, 11:17 PM
Hello and welcome to ft! I just started week 4 of the weight loss and toning program. I am a stay at home dad for 5 kids so I know that they can take a toll on your desire to stick to a program. This site really helps me stay on track both nutritionally and with the exercise program. I started at 210 pounds and yesterday weighed 202. Good luck with your program!

--------------
"Without the will, there's no way"

Stan
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/19, 01:54 AM
Hello James and welcome in here.
You are definitely on the right way and I'm happy to be there with you.
In no time your kids will bring photos with their handsome and fit daddy with them everywhere!!! (o:

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....