Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi All! Intro and a few comments

richw
richw
United States
2002/03/05, 04:27 AM
/me says hi to all the nice people. ;)

Hello all; name's Richard, and I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far.

I'm 42, and until about 2 years ago had been pretty active, and in better than average shape. 6 feet, and usually stayed right about 180 lbs, and a 32" waist. I've really let it go to hell lately though, and have ballooned up to 210 lbs, 35" waist, and much to my disgust can no longer chin myself, and can only manage about 20 push-ups. To say I'm not happy about it would be an understatement. I finally decided to do something about it, and found your site. I'll post a recent "before" pic after this roll of film is done (blecch!) and hopefully have a good "after" pic in a few months.

I'm going to do the weight loss/definition (and abs) exercise program, and the fat loss/toning diet. I'm not into joining a gym right now, as both time and money are tight, but I've got a set of free weights, a bicycle, and jogging shoes, so I figure that sould be enough to get me started.

I must have looked at 40-50 different fitness websites before I picked this one. The price, of course didn't hurt, but this looks much more solid than many of the pay sites as well. Which leads me to a question. What's the angle? Outside of a couple of small ads, and the shopping section (which you don't push on people) I don't see any attempt to seperate me from my hard earned dollar. This site is far too well done to be an amature effort, and yet, as a webmaster myself, I know how damn hard it is to make a finacial go of a site. If you are making this low-key approach pay off for you, hats off! (and to do my part, I'll order something each time I lose 10 lbs :) )

And while I'm on the subject, my compliments to your webmaster/site designer. A site that is clean and simple looking, yet rich in content is a very difficult feat to pull of, you guys did it very well.

And the message board community looks friendly and helpful, a welcome find anywhere on the net, hope I get to know some of you better over the next few months. I do wish your forum allowed for viewing topics "flat" style rather than "threaded", but if that's my only gripe (and it is) then I'm a pretty happy camper.

And good lord, I have rambled on, haven't I? (I really shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard after my 3rd cup of coffeee. ;)

Anyway, glad to be here!

----------------------------
"All you may do, is decide how to use the time you are given."
~Gandalf~
(from Lord of the Rings)
festus1113
festus1113
United States
2002/03/05, 04:44 AM
Hello Rich and welcome to ft. I have only been a member for a couple of weeks now and this is a really good place to start a fitness program. You can tell from the photos of the staff that they know what they are talking about. The staff and other members are all willing to help and answer just about any problem you might have.
I just turned 40 and know it is good to get back into an active lifestyle as it could only get harder the longer you wait. Good luck with your program and welcome again.

"Without the will, there's no way"

--------------
Stan
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/05, 08:07 AM
Hi Rich, that was a nice letter to read. I very much hope you'll find everything you are looking on Freetrainers. Lots of nice people in here, and we'll be here to help you in any ways.

Welcome!!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/05, 10:17 AM
Welcome to ft! Glad to have you aboard and thanks for all the great comments about the site! As members, we have found this to be probably the best free training site on the net!

--------------
**_Robert_**
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/03/05, 07:46 PM
Hello Richard. It was nice reading your letter. I have been using this site for about 1 1/2 months. I really enjoy logging on each day to read to post on information that can help in my fitness endeavers. I have almost met my goals and have really become a fitness friendly person. This is the longest that I have ever stuck with a program and think that this site is the reason why. I hope that you get everything that you want from this site and enjoy it as much as most of us do.

--------------
Lisa