Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

good for us old guys too

rickgarvia
rickgarvia
United States
2001/12/13, 07:02 AM
Although I don't think 47 is that old, weight training has been a Godsend for me. I was always the skinny kid, and while I'm no Arnold now, I don't think of myself as skinny anymore. After a high cholestrol scare last year, I readjusted my diet to cut out the junk. I added more protein and more veggies, and upped my workout intensity. I did OK, but FT has really helped me to map out my excercise plan. I have a complete home gym with free weights, and when you work out alone, it's tough to stay motivated. The FT method really helps.

In the 3 weeks I've been on the program, I've upped my 12 rep DB bench from 40# to 55#. I'm squatting over 200 now, and I feel great.

I've been working out for over 15 years, but this is the first time I feel like I'm making significant gains.

Thanks. And good luck to everyone else on the program.
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2001/12/13, 07:30 AM
Welcome! Good luck with your goals.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2001/12/14, 01:51 AM
Hi Rickie you gave me the first big smile this morning! No, you are definitely not old and yeeeeeesss what a great job of yours!!!!!! Cool to have you around us. Put in your profile so we can see you before and today!