Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Head Aches

dammad
dammad
Canada
2001/09/10, 10:16 PM
Is there any vitamins or anything else instead of asprin to take away or prevent migranes or head aches.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/09/11, 04:49 AM
As a middle school teacher, headaches come with the job sometimes. I haven't taken asprin, or any other medication for that matter, for a few years. Keep yourself fully hydrated, take a good multivitamin/multimineral, eat often (once every couple hours), eat right (sufficient carbs), and that should help. Sometimes undereating can give people headaches. Keep a constant and consistant flow of nutrients through your body everyday and that should help. Good luck!
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/09/11, 05:40 AM
Dammad,

Not only poor nutrition (I've had those headaches when I haven't eaten for a while) but also lack of sleep will contribute. Too much caffeine or if you consume a lot of it and you go cold turkey for a while. Tylenol works for me. Lift hard!!

coolness...
dammad
dammad
Canada
2001/09/11, 05:11 PM
Thaxs guys for your reply...
ken30307
ken30307
United States
2001/10/19, 07:31 AM
Hey.. I can certainly understand your plight. The caffeine thing is actually a myth about migranes. Caffeine withdrawal can cause headaches..but caffeine actually HELPS releive migranes. In fact a medicine called cafergot is a high dose of caffeine that doctors often perscribe to help with migranes. Excedrine contains caffeine too. After going to a neurologist for my migranes, I take Imitrex when the headaches are pretty bad..but usually I take 4 advil when I THINK I'm going to have a headache. The BEST thing you can do is to keep food diary for a month..writing down EVERYTHING you eat so if there is a food trigger (there usually is) for your headaches you can isolate it (them). Most people with migranes have trigers of chocolate, red wine, some nuts. For me it's choclate, and some types of softserve ice cream (go figure). Also, keep a regular schedule..not sleeping in on the weekends and eating at the same time every day. This really helped me! I went from having a few every week to one every couple of months. Check out www.migrane.com for more info.

GOOD LUCK

-Ken
Crispic01
Crispic01
United States
2001/12/01, 02:35 PM
I find that Advil and Alleve are the best remedies. Ken is right about the caffeine myth. take care guys and gals

Paul