Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Can I have a toned body at 58 years

jeanie59
jeanie59
United Kingdom
2003/01/17, 07:16 PM
At just over 140 lbs and 5 foot 5 inch tall I'm not what you would call overweight but I would just like to loose about 7 lbs in weight and get my body toned. I'm not sure what exercises I need to do to acheive the results I want. I'm considering joining a gym to do weights, pilates and learn salsa. I do a 10 minute walk into work and never take lifts. I walk up and down 148 steps 3 times a day 5 days a week. It's hard but I've been doing it 2 years now. I occasionally dance ceroc and rock & roll and windsurf and sail during the summer so I'm not seditary. Does anyone know of a good book I could read to give me some advice in acheiving my goal.
Many thanks
Jeanie
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/17, 08:03 PM
Welcome to freetrainers. You couldn't get a better place to get free info and help.
There is nothing stopping you from getting toned. Join the gym, get a program and stick to it. Do cardio along with the training and you will eventually reach your goals.
From the sounds of it, you are a very perky person, and seem motivated and in good shape.
A good book to get you started might be Body for Life, it is a good read and has some good advice.
Hope this helps and good luck. Keep us posted and ask lots of questions.

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada