Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I Need Relief

jamesz
jamesz
United States
2002/05/22, 09:55 AM
This is kind of embarassing for me. But, here goes anyways. Monday I took heavy on squats (heavy for me.) Tuesday and today I'm suffering with a hemorrhoid problem. I have had this problem in the past, went to the Doc, and he gave me some suppositories, and basically told me I'll have to live with this reoccuring problem for the rest of my life.

Two questions. I'm tempted not to go as heavy on squats/lower body any more. Do you think that this problem will go away, or become less of a problem with more training? Can I still define, gain strength, and size in my legs by never going heavy on lower body?

Thank you in advance

----------------------------
MOVE! I'm working here!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/22, 11:21 AM
James, I thought you get those when you exert in the restroom...not the weightroom?

Anyway, you can still train your legs by doing other exercises such as leg presses, extensions, curls...even lunges.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/05/22, 12:54 PM
i've know a number of guys who get those from pushing too hard on heavy lifts. word of advice: focus on pushing with your upper abs, i.e., diaphragm, vs. your lower abs. you'll have less strain on the colon. as heavy as i squatted, i never ended up with any.

as far as the hemorrhoids go: they will not go away by themselves, and usually only get worse. if they do, there is an in-office procedure that can be done by a surgeon that will permanently remove the ones you have.
hope that helps...

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/22, 07:05 PM
A friend of mine just got his removed surgically. It seemed to have gone very well.