Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

how can i handle the lovehandles?

bluerocks
bluerocks
Philippines
2001/10/19, 05:32 AM
yo, anyone listening? this is from a brown guy from a little country, whose problem is well, not so little. i've got this pesky lovehandles i'm dying to rid off. you see, they kinda go sort of unnoticable when i'm wearing clothes (thanks to my, uhh, narrow frame), but when it comes to beaches, swimming pools, and stuff? boy, i'd rather stay in the bathroom the whole f____ing time feeling sorry for myself. can anybody just imagine how it is to feel when your'e walking the road with this gorgeous girl and then you hear snickers behind you with some glorified stupid remarks saying "poor girl!! what a waste..."? IT HURTS REAL BAD I TELL YOU... so PLEASE, if anyone can help me rid of the layer of blubbers, you've got one grateful friend. i think this is ain't about being a looker or something, it is more of like restructuring my inner spirituality and self-confidence... know why? cuz i'm beginning to hate social gatherings (especially when i'm supposed to be wearing some damn swimming suits)
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/10/20, 12:29 AM
Easy answer: more intense cardio. 4 times a week, 30-45 minutes per session. You also need to eat right. I guarantee that in a month your confidence level will soar. Just give it time. If you're concerned that much with your appearance, you should have the motivation and drive to make things happen. Good luck!!
ken30307
ken30307
United States
2001/10/20, 06:31 AM
I know what you mean...only in the last year have I felt comfortable wearing tank tops and no shirt (still feel a little wierd sometimes). My advice is to stick with a sensable program...something you can commit to doing for the rest of your life. If you don't think you can get up to 45 min of cardio..but you KNOW you can commit to 20..then START WITH 20. I know that I'm headed for failure when i feel like what I'm doing seems excessive. Excercise and proper eating is for the long haul... be consistant, be patient, be sensible...and your results will follow. Unfortunatly for men, the last place we loose weight is around our abs...and as we age, our metabolism slows...so it's even more difficult. Don't be discouraged!

--Ken
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/10/20, 09:34 PM
Amen on your advice Ken and jben. I have little body fat but do have slight love handles. As you say, diet is sooo important. Stay away from those heavy, fat laden meals and snacks. FT can set up a nutrition plan for you too.

While doing the cardio try this: Find a broom handle, place it behind your neck (hold the handle at each end)and twist from side to side. Try starting with 4 sets of 20 reps. This will help tone. Lift hard and hope you reach your goals!!

coolness...
jkelley22
jkelley22
United States
2001/11/01, 08:56 AM
the only thing that i can tell you that i have found that worked for me is a combination of a sound diet cardio and like coolness said using a broomstick. One thing to keep in mind though is to not use much weight with those exercises. I have found that it will tend to thicken your obliques( love handles) of course it looks a lot better to have a slab of beef on your side than fat but they can bulk up pretty quickly, wait until you are getting a great V shape in your back and chest before you add weight. Like they all said it will take time. Good luck