Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

pants tigher now!!

dtrubela
dtrubela
United States
2003/03/21, 02:56 PM
I think I am nearing the end of my rope.
For 5 weeks now, i have been working out at the gym 3-4 times a week, 30-60 min of cardio plus 20 min of weights.
I am consuming a protein shake with flaxseed oil every AM
I cosiderably cut down the amont of fat I am eating to maybe about 12-18 g a day
(Must mention- drink 1-3 glasses of wine a day though)
My pants are tighter now than when I started this whole thing.
I just stepped on the scale and weigh a whopping 175 pounds! i am 5'8.
Can anyone please shed some light on this and offer what I may be doing wrong?
I am tempted to go to the injection shot weight loss clinic if things dont get better.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/03/21, 03:20 PM
First & foremost you may not be eating enough throughout the day to keep up with the energy you're expending..however I feel the real culprit is the wine intake....YIKES dear...the weight will fly off once the alcohol consumption is gone. Trust me, after leaving alcohol alone I am 45 pounds lighter.

Good luck!!! Do not take drastic measures...the weight didn't get onto your body overnight, it will take some time. But don't let all of your hardwork at the gym be all for not by consuming the wine.

--------------
You only get ONE body, take care of it and it'll take care of YOU!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/03/21, 04:30 PM
ebabe gave you some good advice. Try and cut the wine. If you are trying to get lean, alcohol is defeating your purpose. It stops all the fat burning process in your system as well as slows down your metabolism.
You are doing all that good hard work and eating right but the wine isn't helping you. Also, you may want to look at your carb intake and what it consists of.

--------------
Peace on earth

Ivan Montreal Canada
kkor
kkor
United States
2003/03/22, 01:25 PM
You may also be building muscle faster than you are getting rid of the fat, which could be why your pants feel tighter. If it were me, and everyone is different, I would start with HIIT cardio for only about 20 minutes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach three to four days a week, and up your weight training a bit. According to Rachel McLish, in her book, Perfect Parts, when you first start weight training, you probably will notice your pants getting tighter, and it's for the reason I outlined above. That is actually a sign of progress, ie., you're building muscle. If you're not sure about HIIT, musclemedia.com has an excellent article on it, and there are some links that have been posted on this board. If you absolutely must have wine every day. At least cut it back to no more than one 6-ounce glass. That should help.

Kelly