Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Overcoming...

ctr13589
ctr13589
United States
2003/03/11, 10:32 AM
Hi! I'm one of the newcomers to the group. I have a question for maybe anyone who found this a stuggle too. I have the desire to eat better and resume an exercise routine but every time I try to begin I seem to lose all motivation! How can I overcome this annoying little problem? I use to be in great shape and I do remember it required exercise on my part but for some reason this time around I just can't stict to it. Help!
dancenyshopper
dancenyshopper
United States
2003/03/11, 01:46 PM
be patient. thats what i tell myself all the time. be patient, patient, patient. it takes at least a few weeks to see any kind of results, even if its only losing a pound or so. and i totally give myself breaks when needed. i go off my diet on the weekend (only for a few meals), and if im sick or pms or something, i don't work out, but try and jump right back on the workout horse when im feeling better. what counts is the long haul, not short term. good luck.
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/03/12, 03:34 PM
For me it is a picture of myself at Christmas. Almost all pictures until then were portraits of my face. This picture got all of me. And I am holding a cookie that I'm eating. I was disgusted with what I saw. I look at this picture every single morning and close my eyes and visualize it morphing into what I will look like. I've even thought about how to make a picture in Adobe Photoshop of me thinner in order to help me visualize my goal. This keeps me on track. Every time I have a craving for chocolate or don't feel like doing my exercise, I think of this picture, and I get my butt back in gear so to speak. :)

I think motivation is different for everyone. Raven is right with how you have to really want it. I bounced back and forth between diets and such for a long time. I have found that I really did not want it. I had to decide for myself that I definitely wanted to lose before I was able to stick with something. I also had to want it for the right reasons. The first time it was so I would be more attractive for my husband. I realized that for me, this was wrong. I needed to want it for myself and no one else. Then I had to find out what would motivate me best and keep it in sight at all times.

--------------
~Jennifer

http://www.gwindalyn.com
fit4ever
fit4ever
United States
2003/03/12, 07:38 PM
you need a partner who lifts and will drag you to the gym when you don't feel like going. find someone at your gym or a workout buddy..