Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Working out w/ husband or b/f?????

bibigirl
bibigirl
Belgium
2002/04/17, 03:34 AM
Alright ladies, this may be a stupid question, but none the less I am asking it.
I started going to the gym with my husband a while ago. I like to do a lot of cardio, but combining that with weight training leaves me at the gym for almost 2 hours. My husband doesn't do a lot of cardio, so he is always done before I am and I always feel quilty so I end my workout early.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can (without taking sperate cars) enjoy working out together? I know I could lessen up my cardio, but then I do not feel like I am getting enough and feel guilty for it. I also try to lift everyday (different muscle groups of course). I am sure I need to change something, but am afraid I won't feel as good. Any suggestions???
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/04/17, 07:53 AM
Why not try a quick cardio workout at lunchtime? Or in the morning? That way, when you go to the gym with your hubby you can devote more time to lifting 'cause most of your cardio will be done.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/17, 10:46 AM
I would advise doing cardio on a separate session, or do light cardio at the end of weight lifting. Doing cardio right before weight training defeats the purpose as you've already used up all of your glycogen stores during cardio...none left for weight lifting!

If you're going to weight train, do just that...and keep your workouts to no more than 1 hour (not including stretching time). You'll be much more productive that way. If you have do combine it with cardio, do it afterwards for no more than 15 minutes or so...although, it's better to do cardio at a different time (or non-weight training day) altogether.

--------------
**_Robert_**