Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

evil competitors!

spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/07/30, 07:52 PM
Any women here either compete themselves, or date/married to someone who competes? If so,DOESN'T THE DIET DRIVE YOU CRAZY? My boyfriend and I, after almost 2 years together...recently split..and I think the majority of it was his dieting....he gets so grouchy and irritable. That form of dieting can't possibly be healthy for you...he is constantly putting his body through so much....and it all seems so unhealthy to me....I don't know...

Any advice...other than to just 'deal with it?' :)
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/07/30, 09:32 PM
Hey Spanishgirl,

sorry to hear that. I have done a few shows myself and have went thru the diets. I find that the diets simply creates a time table for your life. You have to comit these months to the diet - which means eating on the minutes. I am sure you are very aware of that. I don't understand why he was grouchy and irritable??? Perhaps the diet wasn't going so well? Did he come in shape? Did he place well? Did you snack around him? Just curious.. :)

.o0 Arnold 0o.
spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/07/31, 09:22 AM
Well..I heave heard from many competitors that the dieting phase really affects your mood...since maybe your body is not used to it? I am not exactly sure why it is. He was especially irritable when he was de-carbing...and he knew this. He would tell me..."this week is going to be a rough one...so please just stick with me..." He even admits himself that he treats people very badly when he diets...his mom, his son, friends, people at work, etc.
So the diest have never affected you this way? I would imagine, since contest prep takes up so much of your time, that it would be hard to juggle work, family, AND a significant other into your schedule-right?

No..I was a really good girl...no snacking in front of him. Actually...around that time is when I re-assessed my own dieting practices...and began eating much better. We were preparing our meals together...

Dont' get me wrong....the results that these competitors get are amazing! The two times he has competed, he has come in looking really good...he placed 1st last June...and 4th this past June. He is prepping for one in 2 weeks...then another one about month after that...so that means he will have been dieting for a long, long time. I think he started in March. Is that healthy?

Thanks for listening to me complain...!
:)
The spanish one