Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Is there anyone like me out here?

cadets
cadets
United States
2001/02/15, 01:08 AM
Hi there my name is Jennifer or Cadets (here). I was told that if I work out I would feel better and be less asleep well they were wrong. Am I working to hard??? Maybe but I have been doing the gym thing for 4 yrs now and do not see any changes why??. I am 5.7 feet and am about 180lbs still is there any ideas that anyone that might help me? I wish to be at 130 or 140. HELP thank-you
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/02/19, 04:48 AM
Without any specifics here it sounds as if you need some fine tuning somewhere,i.e diet or exercise. Exercise should increase your metabolism and if you even keep your calories the same you should see some change. Even if your weight stays the same( muscle weighs more than fat) then you should see some sort of change in your figure or strength. Hey you kept at it for this long, just sounds like a tune-up problem.
bore
bore
United States
2001/02/25, 02:36 AM
Maybe your trying to restrict to many calories. Remember you have to eat more often to help speed up your metabolism, just working out without proper nutrition will make you tired.

Rob
brabrycrakes
brabrycrakes
Canada
2001/06/13, 03:40 AM
You may be interested in searching the web for calorie burning charts. Many charts will tell you how many calories you burn doing different excercises as well as regular daily activities (sleeping, walking, sitting). From these charts, you can determine approximately how many calories you burn in a day. I found this site helpful: http://k2.kirtland.cc.mi.us/~balbachl/calorie.htm
If you determine how many calories you burn in a day, you can compare it to your daily calorie intake and decide whether you need to consume less calories or excercise more. To lose a pound, you will need to expend about 3,500 calories. Use this to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Good luck!
Jes.
sandman1202
sandman1202
United States
2001/06/19, 12:57 AM
Yes I can help you. First of all you must ask yourself if you're consistent. Do you keep your work out schedule times as closely as possible? Is your calorie intake less than your caloric use? Keep a piece of paper to add up the calories of each item you eat. Once you have found out your week's average calorie intake per day, you can then make your schedule. Don't try to do it before. YOUR DIET IS 80 PERCENT OF YOUR WORK OUT. Try doing cardiovascular workouts early in the morning on an empty stomach. You can have a glass of water before you head out to jog. In fact you can drink as much WATER as you want, just no food until an hour after you finish your morning jog. Do this for three weeks and let me know how it works. STAY MOTIVATED!
Neo_born
Neo_born
Canada
2001/06/23, 04:09 AM
Hi , First of all I want to say "don't give up" you can attain your goal with persistance(you've already shown that in four years of going nowhere)and knowledge. What we first need to establish is what you are doing at the moment. Obviously as stated by you, you are not progressing or reaching your goal. The path to your victory in this area is more like a baby step journey everyday than a marathon. You need to see what your doing and reflect that off your goal ie: is this exercise/action getting me closer to my goal or further away?, If I eat this will it help me lose that fat or gain fat?, If do this or that am I advancing or regressing?. Ok so first off you need to know these things:
1.Height
2.Weight
3.Body fat percentage - body fat(bf) to lean body mass(lbm) ratio

Once you know those then you can calculate how many clean calories you should be consuming. The whole fat loss thing is as simple as burn more calories than you consume daily. So other factors of your losing fat/gaining muscle equasion are :
1. Daily diet - including multivitams/supplements etc
2. Bodybuilding - Working out to the max to gain muscle
3. Rest - at least eight hours a night roughly give or take
4. Habits - smoking, caffeine and drug use all combine to have an effect on you , being as you are a biological being.

We as humans are always in a state of flux either advancing or regressing, building or breaking down. It is important to know where you are right know and then establish where you want to go. Once you have figured all that out get back to me if you would like more info. Neo_born@hotmail.com feel free to contact me k.