Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Achilles Tendon

kate78
kate78
United States
2003/03/18, 05:10 PM
I recently added fairly steep inclines to my walk/run treadmill routine and since then, the area around my achilles tendon has been incredibly sore after the workout. Gradually, the pain will subside, but the second I start up on the treadmill again, it's back. I've just been working through it. I stretch out before and after, with a major focus on that area. Any advice on what to do? I do the routine around 3-4 times a week. I am assuming it's my achilles, but I don't know for sure....
pambam
pambam
New Zealand
2003/04/10, 08:52 AM
I also get this problem after running on hills
unfortunately I haven't found a cure and it always returns although I feel that massaging anything into it for a while does help the tightness
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/04/10, 04:47 PM
See if you can stand on the balls of your feet. When doing that stay standing on the one foot with the pain. If you can do that it is not a tendon. Also you might want to try this, sit on a chair, lift your foot off the floor, and press on the tendon just above your heel (the part that rubs on the back of your shoe) while you press it towards your front of the foot, your foot should move up and down, if you have a problem it shouldn't move your foot. And tendons don't hurt.

--------------
We must become the change we want to see.

Ivan Montreal Canada
JSAL51
JSAL51
United States
2005/01/29, 08:35 PM
Hey guys,I'm trying to find the best cardio workout besides swimming.I have been diagnosed with a partially torn achilles tendon after many years of running.Any ideas?