Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Fracture my wrist about 6 weeks ago...

borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2003/03/13, 09:28 PM
And its really cutting into my weightlifting! I haven't lifted since the injury, though I have been doing more cardio to keep fit.

When I first injured it, my boob of a doctor told me it was a sprain, so I never bothered with an x-ray. I wore a tensor bandage for about 3 weeks then stopped for a couple. When I noticed it was not getting better I went for the x-ray and found out it was fractured in the Unla. Fortanetly I kept good enough care of my arm that the fracture never displaced itself. Im back to wearing my tensor bandage, but I'm not sure how long I should wear it for. My doctor told me I should be good as new by week 12. I want to get back to weightlifting ASAP, but I don't want to jump into it too early to avoid seriously screwing up my wrist.

If you have any advice on how I should be treating my wrist, or when and how I should go back to lifting, please let me hear it.

BoRP
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2003/03/14, 12:34 PM
Unfortunately, injuries require time to heal. And because your wrist is involved in basically all upper body work, you will have to make sure it is 100% healed before you put stress on it.

I would recommend some forearm work using light weights. This should help strengthen your wrists (and forearms).

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2003/03/14, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. It will be taken, because I do not want to risk any further injury to my wrist.

BoRP