Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

back pain

azahir
azahir
Maldives
2003/02/06, 12:48 AM
Two days ago I did lunges and Now I am having a back pain. It started yesterday morning and I still have a little pain.
Could this be due to too much weight. I did it with 20Kg.

What should I do?
Should I take a break? I realy don't want to.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------
"The Sunny Side of Life"
chrispoel
chrispoel
United Kingdom
2003/02/06, 08:30 AM
If you're in pain you should stop.
Pain is your body's way of saying, "Oi! Moron! What the HELL did you do that to me for?!"

I'm not saying you have a torn muscle, but I thought this was a good a place as any to give out the following titbit of information:

A bit of advice a personal trainer friend of mine gave me after I tore a muscle was that once you're relatively healed you should do some light weights and work the damaged area very delicately. That way the damaged muscle will regrow in the right direction.
If the muscle isn't used at all while it splices itself back together then the new muscle fibres will grow in a lattice pattern, but if you use the muscle you can encourage the muscle to grow back straight, and in the direction that that particular muscle will bear weight.

Chris
chrispoel
chrispoel
United Kingdom
2003/02/06, 08:34 AM
Sorry, I should have added this to the end of the last message:

when I say, "relatively healed" I mean that you can do light work on that area without *any* pain. If you feel pain it's not ready to be used and you'll only make your body more upset with you than it already is.
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/02/06, 08:25 PM
If you are new to working out and just starting, you will also want to check your form... If you are doing the excersises improperly than you are more likely to injur yourself. Form is essential to working out with out injuries and for maximum benefit to you body in terms of gains.
azahir
azahir
Maldives
2003/02/18, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I think am healed after 2 week rest and oil massage treatment and started pumping again yesterday(I may not be totaly healed but I did not feel any pain during or after the workout on my chest). Today I will be doing my back and thats where the pain was.

My question is should I continue doing my back with the same weight or reduce the weight? If so by what %age?

Thanks all.
-Ahmed-

--------------
"The Sunny Side of Life"