Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

new comer and need some advice

pcmategen5
pcmategen5
Philippines
2002/11/19, 07:46 PM
hi! i am using the home training program of FT to realize my fitness goal. i've already started my personal program oulined by FT. the day after doing the exercises i feel pain from the mucle group that i've trained. i can't concentrate to my work and would like to take a pain killer medicine like ibuprofen, do you think its a good idea? what should be the best thing to do? thanks!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/19, 08:14 PM
That is the feeling of a good workout. Welcome to the burn.
The soreness will subside within about 36 to 48 hrs. That is the muscles that are sore and nothing else. Just feed them good food lots of protein as that is what feeds the muscles. If you take a protien shake within 45 min of post workout, you will help feed the muscles. Some people are not satisfied if they don't feel that pain. To answer your question, ibuprofen will work. As you train you will get less and less sore.
Good to hear its successfull keep up the good work, and welcome to freetrainers.

--------------
To change it, or to create it, simply train it!

Ivan
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/11/20, 02:10 AM
Are you feeling pain, like sharp pain, or a general discomfort and aching? Soreness and stiffness is bound to happen, but you shouldn't really be in so much pain that you can't work, especially sleep. Sharp or unbearable pain is something that you should discuss with a doctor. Are you drinking enough water- I find that I'm much more sore if I work out without enough hydration in my body. As for Ibuprofen, it's your best bet because it acts as a mild anti-inflammatory, but always take it with food. I suggest booking an hour with a certified trainer who can walk you through the routine you've selected, and make sure that you are doing everything safely and in the way that will most benefit you. Good luck!

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe