Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Popping noise from shoulder? PLease help

Acceler8n
Acceler8n
United States
2002/11/14, 02:20 AM
Hi,
My left should has a slight pain and makes a popping noise everytime I move it laterally up or flex my arm when my arm is raised over my head. This popping noise is fairly loud, and can be heard by my friends from a couple feet away.

It happened about a year ago, when I was constantly playing basketball and bowling everyday. One day my should got a bit sore, but I thought it was nothing and kept wearing it out until one day I couldn't move my left shoulder at all. After about 2 or 3 weeks...Gradually the pain went away, and then came this popping noise. Its been doing this since. I just take it as a normal thing because I'm not big on visiting doctors unless its life-threatening, but I think it night be something more than it is. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Any help is appreciated.
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2002/11/14, 07:36 AM
I think that Doctor visit may be in order here Acceler8n. If anything, just to eliminate any physical ailments associated with the joints, ligaments, etc. Popping is usually air in the joints but, then again, it could be a friction problem in the joint. Not sure what to tell you other than if you're experiencing pain, that's usually a superb sign that something ain't right. Things could be fine but, there's great piece of mind in knowing exactly what's going on after visiting the doc.
Good luck and be careful.
DP
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/14, 04:41 PM
For sure....Go see a doctor.
You don't want to give yourself permanent damage.

--------------
To change it, or to create it, simply train it!

Ivan
SheDevil10
SheDevil10
United States
2002/11/19, 11:14 AM
I had similiar things going on in my right knee and ankle popping and pain and it gradually got worse and worse till i went to see a doctor after what became my last soccer seaosn...turns out I tore cartilage and bone out of the joint, in my experiance as a rehabiliatation tech for a physical therapy office and being a student trainer i would definately suggest that you go get a doctors appointment and an x ray they couldnt even tell it was torn cartilage till they x rayed it and mri'd it so , good luck...=)

--------------
Better to be hated for who you are then loved for who your not!