Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Surgery stitches

metraa
metraa
United States
2002/08/29, 09:50 AM
I just had a "suspicious" blemish removed from my upper chest and have stitches. The Dr. said no weight lifting for three days and no increasing the weights for 2 weeks, that's when I get the stitches out. Obviously, they don't want the incision to rip, but if I am not careful, could I stretch the scar if I increase my weights after the two week period. I'm not too worried about a scar, considering the alternative. But, has anyone had experience with this?

----------------------------
'Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.' - Anonymous
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/08/29, 01:20 PM
There is a cream you can get that will prevent that from happaning during the healing process sorry but I cant remember the name right now I have a friend that used this 8 months ago I will ask him for the name his scar was on the leg and it worked well not to stretch the scar more.

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
OliveU2
OliveU2
United States
2002/08/29, 02:17 PM
I had the same sort of thing removed last year near my belly button. My dermatologist suggested I wait 2 months before hitting heavy weights (due to the stretching of the scar) but walking and light weights were ok 2 weeks after stitches were removed. I applied the scar pads by Curad and seemed to have pretty good luck with them though the scar did spread some.