Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Vascular Damage

junglrulz
junglrulz
United States
2002/07/05, 08:41 PM
Just found this thread, great! Now, I have vascular damage to my right leg from a multiple Tib/Fib fracture. I now sport a 15in titanium rod and 4 screws in the tibia. I have been stationary bike riding for a year at high RPM and low load to try and improve circulation without much success. During the course of the day it swells considerably. I am planning on starting aggressive weight training on it. Does anyone have any history with this type of problem? Many Thanks.
junglrulz
junglrulz
United States
2002/07/11, 07:42 AM
*SNIFF* Ya mean none of you have ever seriously broken your leg? My compliments on incredible dexterity in life....lol!
Seriously, I need some input on this. I may just decide to become a burden on society and apply for SS disability, grow a gray flecked beard, drink beer, grow a gut, diddle blue hairs...nah, no blue hairs...
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/07/11, 08:58 AM
LOL No ideas from this old guy but I enjoyed the humor.
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/07/11, 01:55 PM
What does your doctor say? I had major knee reconstruction years ago and have a staple in my knee to this day, but nothing like this. It seems like you should be doing something else though before trying the aggressive weight program. Do you see a physcial therapist?
junglrulz
junglrulz
United States
2002/07/12, 08:42 PM
Ouch! A staple? That sounds freakin painful. Sure I got a rod and 4 screws, but your Doc went and got the old Bostitch and Kachung! That'll hold ya pal! A staple in the knee, I like that.lol I spoke to the therapists about it when they rehabed my rotator cuff, they thought the cycling should have gotten results. Most of them were in agreement on the weight training, it is the next logical step without further surgery which is out of the question in my mind. They just cautioned me on doing full range of motion exercises on the foot, it needs it badly. The therapists were from a sports meds clinic that works with some of the Philly 76ers, they are good.