Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

calf pain

spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/07/27, 11:26 AM
About 2 years ago, while doing a usual morning workout, I seriously hurt my calves...but don't know exactly what I did. I did four sets of single calf raises holding a dumbell(lightweight.) I had done these before, but it seems that this time I was really focusing on my form...and slow, concentrated movements. I felt the burning...and felt good about the great workout....that is...until two days later. The day after my workout, I had gone shopping and did alot of walking...I was on my feet all day. Oh...let me tell you about the pain I felt the next day...I couldn't get out of bed. It was like a deep DEEP soreness....along with excruciating pain. My brother kept trying to tell me that he had been very sore like that before...and that I just worked them really hard....but it wasn't like that!! I was in so much pain...
I tried getting out of bed and moving around....but couldn't put my feet flat on the floor. I had to basically tip-toe around...and even that hurt!
To bypass a detailed description of all my pain and the things I tried to help it, ( I tried almost everything...nothing worked.) I even had to stay home from work for 2-3 days....it was horrible.
I don't know what I did...but it hurt...maybe it was just that I shocked those muscles like never before...but it hurt like heck!
I make sure I stretch alot...and am VERY careful when working my calves now...
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/08/04, 08:46 PM
Hey try cowboy boots next time if your calf get like that. The elevation of the riding heell helps. I know, I did the same thing ONCE!!!!!
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/10/28, 10:19 PM
Wow. Hadn't read this post before. Sounded painful. I'll be sure to tell my wife about it. She just started working out. Yikes.

coolness...
spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/10/29, 06:55 PM
Yea...and I still worry about it when I work my calves....Although I get sore occasionally, nothing that severe has happened again...THANK GOODNESS. I am sure to stratch them thoroughly before and after I work them...