Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

shoulder injury

orlando
orlando
United States
2001/04/30, 11:40 PM
it started to hurt 1 day after i bench press.the pain is on top of the shoulder it hurts when i strech it.what is the pain?is it a major injury ?what should i do?
keith
keith
United States
2001/05/01, 01:28 AM
First of all when you injure yourself do not work on that muscle, you have to let it heal. Most muscle pain takes a long time to heal and if it's bad enough have it checked by your doctor, why worry yourself about what you have done, find out, the peace of mind is worth it.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/05/10, 12:27 PM
Hmm.. I have had a similar problem. If it is serious enough then go get it checked out. Otherwise I would suggest the RICE therapy.. you can find it here at freetrainers on the left menu.

You can also switch to inclined presses.. the angle is slightly different and should not affect you as much.

.o0 Arnold 0o.
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/05/26, 08:58 PM
Bar exercises lock your elbow joint into a groove that may be unnatural for you thus you have joint pain. You may need to stop using the bar, my friend who's a trainer says they trash your joints. I have a shoulder joint pain when benching flat. Try using dumbbells and as Arnold suggested a different angle. I use the smith when doing inclines. You're not the only one to have this problem. I hear they are coming out with a system that uses flexible handles to allow for individual rotation(joint) to help with this problem nd make weight work safer.