Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Knee Injury

moogle
moogle
United States
2001/04/05, 10:19 PM
I have chronic knee pain and I have trouble working out on my legs because of this. I think it has to do with an underdeveloped hamstring muscle as compared with my quadriceps. I am in martial arts and it seems to only build my quads, but it hurts when I try to blast my hamstrings... any ideas??
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/04/07, 10:46 PM
Chronic knee pain is not one of those areas that you should train throught the pain. You should have your knee evaluated by a sports orthopedist for any possible damage before traing. Do you an old injury to the area? Have you tried a slow increase in hamstring work to increase the strength gradually to prevent any or further injury? After inspection you always have alternative healing arts such as acupuncture to help with this pain.
lemonjuice79
lemonjuice79
United States
2001/04/15, 09:45 PM
I HAVE WRESTLED FOR 7 YEARS AND I HURT MY KNEE A FEW YEARS BACK AND NEVER WENT TO HAVE IT CHECKED OUT. I KNOW THAT THINGS NEVER HEAL 100%, AND EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE I EXPERIENCE PAIN IN MY KNEE. DO YOU THINK THIS IS A OLD INJURY THAT JUST ACTS UP OR SOMETHING MORE. I HAVE HEARD STORIES OF KNEES BEING BLOW OUT AND PEOPLE BEING ABLE TO FUNCTION WITH OUT HAVING THEM LOOKED AT. BUT THE DOWN SIDE TO THIS IS SCAR TISSUE AND MORE DAMAGE. ARE THESE STORIES TRUE OR RUMOR? I KNOW THAT WRESTLING PUTS EXTREME AMOUNTS OF STRESS ON MY KNEES, AM I BLOWING THIS UP OR IS THIS SERIOUS?
ChrisYi
ChrisYi
United States
2001/06/13, 07:44 PM
I injured my knee about 3 months ago, because I landed on my left knee as the result of an traffic accident.

I've had it checked out. Doctors have said there's no problem. I had been wearing a knee brace on and off. I ride a bike so my leg muscules overall are OK. I still occationally have an annoying ache now and then.

I've been working my leg muscules, quads and hamstrings. I've also added swimming whenever I work out. I do mostly kicks or walk in the water.

Maybe you can check out water rehab because of water buoyancy.

Hope you get better soon.

Chris
masongary44
masongary44
United Kingdom
2002/07/05, 06:52 AM
I too injured my knee while out walking, I suffered for nearly 6 months experiencing pain while walking, standing (you get the picture). With time the pain subsided to a continual dull ache and i have had this ever since (until recently that is). While purchasing a pair of custom made hiking boots the fitter suggested that i may need insoles for the boots to privide increased arch support. I bout the insoles and went on my way.

I could not believe the result,...needless to say i no longer have any knee pain and have a pair of arch suport insoles in every pair of shoes i own. The only ache i get in my knees now is exerience when i go without insoles for any length of time......Well worth a try and for a minimal investment well worth the money in my book.

============
Quoting from chrisyi:

I injured my knee about 3 months ago, because I landed on my left knee as the result of an traffic accident.

I've had it checked out. Doctors have said there's no problem. I had been wearing a knee brace on and off. I ride a bike so my leg muscules overall are OK. I still occationally have an annoying ache now and then.

I've been working my leg muscules, quads and hamstrings. I've also added swimming whenever I work out. I do mostly kicks or walk in the water.

Maybe you can check out water rehab because of water buoyancy.

Hope you get better soon.

Chris

=============

--------------
Gary Mason (Manchester, UK)