Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

21, 5'7" , 160lbs Please help!!!

suttb3
suttb3
United States
2019/03/01, 06:36 PM
Hello, I am 5'7" and weigh 160 lbs. I am currently a college student, and I am in need to lose weight especially in the gut. I would love to tone up my abs and not have a gut anymore. What can I do to gain a good gut health and obtain a flat stomach? meal suggestions? Workout suggestions? any suggestions would be great! Thank you.
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2019/06/06, 09:58 AM
Hello Suttb,

Weightloss comes from diet.  A flat stomach comes from losing weight, we all gain it in different places and sometimes it can seem difficult to lose it there.  You can't focus weight loss to one specific area of the body.  Overall weightloss will reduce the size of your stomach.  If you would like abs, then you need to work them out no different than you would chest arms back or legs.  You need to incorporate ab exercises with weight if possible into your routine.  50 cruches a day may  make a bit of a difference but in the long run you would be better off creating an all body workout plan from this site with the available equipment you have and just stick with it.
c_e_UofU
c_e_UofU
United States
2019/08/27, 05:10 PM
When I was looking to lose weight I found Keto helpful. I like the foods I prefer too much to stay with it, Definitely helped slim me down though. That's gonna be step one before the abs will come. From there you can probably head on over to the tab for workouts and find some core/ab work that'll work for you.