Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1536, Messages: 27035

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

hello from texas

Labyrinth9890
Labyrinth9890
United States
2019/02/05, 08:38 PM
my name is labyrinth i have struggled with my weight since high school, i weigh 235 now and have tried tons of weight loss plans and none have worked. my goal is to loose 90 lbs by September... thats about 12.8 lbs/ month. my biggest challange will keeping to it and keeping it off...
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2019/02/06, 09:11 AM
Welcome Labyrinth, and good luck with your weight loss.  That is an aggressive goal, 90lbs. by September.  I'm not a fan of fad diets, South Beach, Atkins ect.  Losing weight and keeping it off really comes down to a life style change.  Healthy foods and the right portions size. 

My wife has done weight watchers and had success, the one thing that she has learned on WW is eating more sensibly.  Since you can eat what you want, you really need to watch and change your eating habits if you want to have 3 square meals.  It's worked well for her and even after she met her goal weight she kept it off because her eating habits drastically improved over the months of the diet.

Anywho, whatever you decide stick with it, and if you can incorporate exercise into your lifestyle as well.  Eating right is great and we all need to do it, exercising is also great for the overall health of the body.

Keep us posted on your success.