Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1535, Messages: 27035

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello!

heyrachelk
heyrachelk
United States
2019/02/05, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone! I've been in a bit of a diet/fitness slump over the last year. I go through phases where I'll stick to it for a few months, then I just backslide. 

I'm 35, children are grown, ready to take my life back. I used to be a personal trainer, so pretty familiar with exercise and I do enjoy it. I just CANNOT figure out where the motivation went. 

Anyway, I'm here if anyone wants to chat.
Labyrinth9890
Labyrinth9890
United States
2019/02/05, 08:31 PM
hi my name is labyrinth9890 i have struggled with my weight sence high school, ive tried tons of diets and none have worked.... could you give me some advice on keeping weight off
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2019/02/06, 09:04 AM
Welcome RachelK, glad to have you!!  I used to hit the gym regularly in my 20's, did it for years.  Then 5 kids came and things changed.  One thing that help keep me motivated now which I must admit is a struggle at times, is the fact that I'm not getting any younger these days.  I want to be in good shape as my kids grow as well as my grandkids.  I also just enjoy being in good shape.  I've watched so many people struggle at things in their early 60's and I'm going to do my best to stay healthy and keep a healthy body.
heyrachelk
heyrachelk
United States
2019/02/07, 01:54 PM
Labyrinth9890
hi my name is labyrinth9890 i have struggled with my weight sence high school, ive tried tons of diets and none have worked.... could you give me some advice on keeping weight off

---Hi! My advice is not to start EVERYTHING at once (diet and exercise). If you're already working out, after about three weeks of that, start slowly changing your diet while continuing to exercise 5-6 days/week. 

I lost 80 lbs. 12 years ago doing this (took less than 10 months), and have only gained back some vainty weight (15 or so lbs.).  I started working out 3-4 days/week. After a few weeks, added more workout days and upped the intensity. After a few more weeks, cut out soda and cut back on fatty/snack foods. It wasn't until I was down to my last 20lbs. that I needed to drastically change my diet.

Calories are important, so if you track them and keep them at around 1500/day for now, you should lose. You won't notice it right away, especially if female (lady times bloat us up). Every once in a while I'd just wake up 5lbs. lighter, usually every two weeks. 

Get good sleep, play with your kids outside along with the above. Playing or hanging out with your kids can relieve stress, which will aid in fatloss. Good luck! Message me if you have any questions.
heyrachelk
heyrachelk
United States
2019/02/07, 01:56 PM
Jac48
Welcome RachelK, glad to have you!!  I used to hit the gym regularly in my 20's, did it for years.  Then 5 kids came and things changed.  One thing that help keep me motivated now which I must admit is a struggle at times, is the fact that I'm not getting any younger these days.  I want to be in good shape as my kids grow as well as my grandkids.  I also just enjoy being in good shape.  I've watched so many people struggle at things in their early 60's and I'm going to do my best to stay healthy and keep a healthy body.

---SAME!!! I've also seen women in their 90's still able to get around because they never stopped moving. I want to be one of them!