Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1535, Messages: 27035

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello from Tasmania!

benol1
benol1
Australia
2018/12/16, 08:45 PM (Edited: benol1 - 2018/12/16, 08:50 PM)
Hi,
My name is Ben, I live in Launceston in Northern Tasmania.
White, male, 55 years old.
I work in the tourism sector as a guide and I spend up to 12 hours a day working, and many of those hours are driving a bus.
My motivation (short term goals) is to lose weight, develop some strength and regain my fitness in prep for a couple of multi-day hikes coming up in 2019. My long term goals is just health, happiness and longevity.
My biggest challenge at the moment is finding time for my workouts to be a regular part of my lifestyle.  My shifts are usually 12hours long and by the end of the day the last thing i want to do is hit the gym when all i want to do is see my family!
kind regards,
Ben
onehotpapa
onehotpapa
United States
2018/12/29, 10:36 AM
benol1
Hi,
My name is Ben, I live in Launceston in Northern Tasmania.
White, male, 55 years old.
I work in the tourism sector as a guide and I spend up to 12 hours a day working, and many of those hours are driving a bus.
My motivation (short term goals) is to lose weight, develop some strength and regain my fitness in prep for a couple of multi-day hikes coming up in 2019. My long term goals is just health, happiness and longevity.
My biggest challenge at the moment is finding time for my workouts to be a regular part of my lifestyle.  My shifts are usually 12hours long and by the end of the day the last thing i want to do is hit the gym when all i want to do is see my family!
kind regards,
Ben

---

Greetings Ben.  
I understand your challenges.  I too am over 50, work a lot as an educator, and have little time for myself.  Best of luck from Denver, Colorado, USA.
Ken