Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 376, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Core Building Three Days in a Row?

AshtonBH
AshtonBH
United States
2018/03/08, 01:39 PM
I'm brand new to fitness and, so far, I'm loving it! I go to Planet Fitness three consecutive days a week because of my schedule's limitations and, with my concerns for finding a well-balanced routine for consecutive days, I was pleased that this website had the option to select which exact days I'm able to work out! However, I do have a concern after working out for two out of my three days with my workout plan. In my calender, the planner says I need to do the same core exercises each day, with my other exercises varying (the ones that stay the same each day are the Ab Roller Crunches and Machine Crunches). 

I'm new to working out, but I was under the impression that specific muscle groups need at least 24 hours to heal before working them again, so is it unhealthy for me to be doing these ab exercises each day like the website recommends?
2018/03/09, 06:47 AM
Hi AshtonBH! The short answer is no. It is not unhealthy for you to perform ab exercises each day. Without a strong core, you couldn't do all the other exercises you're doing. Even if you're not doing specific core exercises, you're still "working" you abs while working out other body parts. Your core is what stabilizes the body while performing your push and pull exercises. Without it; you'd just fall over.

What are schedule limitations? And if you're brand new to fitness; working out three consecutive days isn't the best approach. That's too much too quick and too much time off in between.
AshtonBH
AshtonBH
United States
2018/03/09, 09:49 AM
voxotica
Hi AshtonBH! The short answer is no. It is not unhealthy for you to perform ab exercises each day. Without a strong core, you couldn't do all the other exercises you're doing. Even if you're not doing specific core exercises, you're still "working" you abs while working out other body parts. Your core is what stabilizes the body while performing your push and pull exercises. Without it; you'd just fall over.

What are schedule limitations? And if you're brand new to fitness; working out three consecutive days isn't the best approach. That's too much too quick and too much time off in between.

---

I'm still in high school while also maintaining a part time job, and the only time I've found myself able to work out are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I managed to make myself a three-day split routine (Pull/Push/Legs) because I wasn't sure about working my abs out every day (I thought maybe they needed time to rest). On the four days I was off, I was planning on doing simple exercises at home. Fridays would be rest days to get over the three consecutive days, Saturdays would be some sort of at-home Push workouts, Sundays would be at-home Pull workouts, and Mondays would be at-home leg workouts. I figured that by the time I got back to Tuesday, I'd be recovered and ready for Push day. How do those sound?
2018/03/09, 10:38 AM
Oh OK. I thought you meant you were only working out those 3 days. You meant you're only getting to the gym 3 days a week. So yes; what you're doing is just fine. It's being active that matters; not going to a gym. You can workout and gain muscle mass just fine at home. The gym is just a building that has heavy things in it that you can move around if you pay them money.