Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 375, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Do you really need training programs?

DavidXXV
DavidXXV
United Kingdom
2017/08/09, 05:18 PM
My goal is to get bigger and stronger and have been going to the gym for the last 2 years or so.

I have definitely made gains, particularly in the last few months where I have been more consistent. However it never occured to me that having a program in place would be useful, usually i just determine which muscle groups I will do on each day and go into the gym with the goal to destroy the muscle split selected.

Im sure there will be some bias as I am talking to a forum for free training programs but, is it necessary and how will it really benefit me?
2017/08/14, 10:41 AM
No it's not "necessary"; it just makes it easier. If you have a regular routine, you don't have to think. If you find yourself in the gym not knowing what you should do next, then maybe a routine would be beneficial. On the same note; finding the "right" routine can be exhausting. If you really are looking for a routine; find one you like and stick with it. Stop looking for new routines after that. You should give any routine 1 year. After that, you can look for a new one; if it's not working for you...