Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 100, Messages: 16608

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Artificial Sweetners - good or bad??

Jac48
Jac48
United States
2015/10/24, 05:10 AM
Many protein supliments contain an atrificial sweetner of somekind be it Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Aspartame ect..ect..

I've read many articles ect. commenting these are not healthy, they are dangerous to take and I've read many with the exact opposite findings.  Currently I've been trying to stay away from the artificial sweetners due to the fact that research/opinions are all over the place...better safe than sorry philosophy. 

I currently use True Athlete Whey Protein after workouts.  I got a couple bottles and the taste is okay, mixes okay and each serving (two scoops) is 20 grams of protein.  When it runs out I'm thinking of switching to Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey - anyway I'm open to thoughts or opinions on these artificial sweetners.  If I didn't mind drinking them, I would have a whole world of protein powder available :)
jtf925
jtf925
United States
2015/10/24, 11:27 AM
Stay away from them! They are artificially engineered and we don't know the repercussions they will have on people until its too late. They give me headaches. Pick up some plant based protein like Orgain or Vega....lots of options.
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2015/10/24, 06:56 PM
Thanks for chiming in. Have you tried either of these protein powders? How is the taste, how does it mix and have you noticed any difference in gains with these proteins?