Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Other than getting into shape, any other hobbies?

Jac48
Jac48
United States
2015/10/18, 01:50 PM
Other than exercising/lifting - do you have any other hobbies?   For myself, other than spending time with my kiddos - I enjoy hunting.  Deer season recently started here in PA and I'm hoping to take down a buck or doe or both. 

Last year was my first year bow huntng (and deer hunting in general) and I nailed a buck from about 25 yards out.  I was thrilled...he did only have 1 4 point antler..as the other one was broken off.  At the time and still today, don't care.  I was happy to have gotten a deer first year bow hunting.  I'm hoping I can repeat this year.  Can't beat some venison.

Here's to all the hunters out there that will be putting some time in the treestand.
Franco
Franco
United States
2015/10/19, 07:11 AM (Edited: Franco - 2015/10/19, 07:11 AM)
My current hobby, besides working out and work, is playing Darts.  I find it to be such a challenge, being able to consistently throw three darts in the right direction.

I would say that I'm a beginner, even though I've played almost every day for a year now!  I still haven't managed to hit that elusive 180 although I did get very close once with a 140.  What I really like about it is that you can play at home, by yourself, by yourself, and it doesn't matter if you play for 5 minutes or for 50 minutes, as long as you set some goals for the session.

So although nothing like hunting, here's to darts fans, or anyone who has ever thought about trying it out but never got around to it :-)

Jac48
Jac48
United States
2015/10/19, 10:21 AM
So, I've tried darts...actually in the last couple weeks.  We recently put a dart board up at work.  It's a bit tougher than it looks :)  I'm glad when I hit the board 3 consectutive times.  You should see all the holes in the wall around the dart board.  I'll probably never be a pro, but it's a fun game from time to time.