Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 377, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

I want lose at least 30 lbs before April!!

NeneTaira
NeneTaira
United States
2014/11/15, 11:40 AM
Ok well I'm around 177 and I'm desperately in need of losing 30 pounds or more before my birthday in April. I lost about 20 but that was 2 months ago. I've been slacking from running and eating right. Please does anybody have any advice?!?
Mr_Geezer
Mr_Geezer
United States
2014/11/15, 12:49 PM
It's a numbers game. You have to burn more calories than you consume. That said diet is about 70% and exercise is the rest. Learn to count calories. Measure portions. Try to eat  5 or6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones. Don't undereat. You'll lose muscle if you don't eat properly. Try to find an exercise plan that you enjoy. You're more likely to stick to it. Approach the weight loss as a lifestyle change rather than a temporary weight loss campaign.

Complex carbs tend to make your body burn more calories to digest than they contain. Do your homework on food. Stay away from weight loss pills and other similar crap.