Group: motivating ladies

Created: 2012/04/06, Members: 397, Messages: 159

a group for ladies any age who want to motivate each other and give advice or just talk and keep track of one another

Join group

New to group

cpineda19
cpineda19
United States
2013/03/19, 11:44 PM
I've exercised on and off for years and have seen beat results when I had a trainer, but my means of income are not there for that right now. I pay a gym membership but rarely got to it. I'm 31 and I promise myself this year will be dedicated to my health. I am about 20 lbs overweight and 5'1". I have energy but not the motivation to hit the gym. In the past I was motivated due to certain job positions I was pursuing but I don't have that goal right now. I'm married and maybe that has sown thing to do with not having motivation. But I want to loose this weight to be healthy. I am not getting younger and I do not want to encounter worse health issues down the line. HELP!!!!!!!!
NitaCummings
NitaCummings
Australia
2013/08/13, 03:04 AM
I am new. Any motivational tips welcomed.
bdattel
bdattel
United States
2013/10/07, 04:19 PM
I have been working out most of my adult life. I love it! Exercise has helped keep me sane. I hope I can help motivate others to stay in shape and feel good. While I do have this good habit I also have bad ones. I did give up drinking but I am still smoking. I've been smoking on and off for most of my life. I have a very addictive personality. At least I have this one good habiit. I don't smoke a lot but still...NOT GOOD! Advice would be welcome but not criticism. I get enough of that at home. :) I hope to meet some good people on this site. I really enjoy talking about exercise and nutrition.
SuperAlbeee
SuperAlbeee
Australia
2014/03/23, 05:48 AM
Hi girls, cpineda19 > I'm with you, I'm 33, not getting any younger and feel like I really have to making some positive changes or it's going to to encounter health issues down the track. Happy to be exchange motivation!!

Bdattle> You and I have 2 things we can exchange... you have the healthy fitness lifestyle and I have the strong will power. I don't drink and I don't smoke but my exercise regime is terrible. 
So my tips for you to quit smoking, I have a couple of really excellent motivating facts: a good friend's father (early 60s) was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. He's never been a smoker and now he's up for the fight of his life. My friend is going through hell because there is a very likely chance he will lose his father because statistically, there is only an 8% survival rate from lung cancer. I think a lot of smokers dismiss the risks of cancer... but when you learn the mortality stastics for various different cancers, you realise just how detimental your habbit is.
In setting any goals establishing your WHY for that goal and reminding yourself often of that WHY keeps you focussed. 

When I was a teenager, I was training in competitive athletics (see I used to be very fit once upon a time). I remember I had started socially smoking with friends and I noticed when I wanted to improve my sprint times, I was finding I was coughing a lot and I could feel all this junk in my lungs. Your lungs are like a filter and when you smoke you clog up those filters. So I decided that the only way I could possibly get faster times was completely cut out ciggarettes and get seriously about my health. You body is like a car. It's performance is only as good as why you do to it/ put into it/ how you treat it. 

I would think that since you're very much into your exercise, you need a few motivators and one of them is to set yourself a cardio type exercise that you need to improve your performance on. Maybe running times? You'll realise for yourself how your performance can't improve until you ditch those ciggies. 

So aside from seriously looking at the cancer survival statistics, also look at setting yourself some performance cardio and try to improve on it, see how much better you do when you quit the ciggarettes.