Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Unable to lose lower abdominal mass....Need help..

AgentX
AgentX
India
2012/10/23, 12:32 PM
Hello guys,
I have been working on my abs for about an year now and only the upper pair is somewhat visible.
Earlier I just focused on ab exercies but as I learned that losing abdominal fat was equally important I also started cardio.
For the past 2 months I have been doing 10 min ab exercise followed by 25-30 min cardio(running), but stilll my lower abdominal mass doesn't seem to go(it has just reduced a little).

I am getting a little demotivated as nothing seems to work. Any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated.

Pulkit Mehra
kolhy
kolhy
Canada
2012/10/23, 05:25 PM
Hello Agent X :)

Yes!  This is a stubborn place to remove fat.

There has been some published evidence that show steady state cardio isn’t as good as high intensity interval training.  I'm not saying steady state is not worth doing (it has its benefits as well as its cons) but I'd mix your fitness regimen up to get the most out of it.   You can try steady state one day, HITT another, circuit training another, and then add some strength training.

Don't overlook whole body strength training!  ST will not only work your abs indirectly (they act as stabilizers) but it will also assist in burning fat by increasing your metabolism.  If you’re short on time, I'd focus in on compound movements as you would get the most bang for your buck. Ensure you get proper guidance with form.

One of the most important factors is diet.  Have you considered what you're eating?  Minimize simple sugars, and processed foods/oils and concentrate on quality protein, complex carbs, and fruits/veggies.  The more natural the state the better.  This is the most overlooked factor but one the most important!  

Finally, ensure you're getting proper recovery and sleep while minimizing stress.  Cortisol is a hormone that is released in times of stress and signals your body to store more fat (and prevent it's breakdown) particularly in the abdominal region.

Good luck Pulkit!
8percentorless
8percentorless
United States
2012/10/23, 09:14 PM
Hi AgentX,

I suggest that you focus on fat burning routines during your Cardio exercise.  You can also try the stair climber or eliptical if you are working out in a gym. 

My suggestion is that you reduce the amount of carbs you are digesting in the afternoon and evening times.  Eating a certain amount of carbs in the morning is fine but if you are not going to burn these off in the afternoon you need to reduce the amount you eat.

Also, how much fiber are you getting everyday?  You need to have at least 25-30 grams of fiber everyday.  Another thing to consider is the use of L-Caratine which will help your metabolism exspecially mixed with fish oil pills.  I hope that helps.
AgentX
AgentX
India
2012/10/23, 10:20 PM
Thanks Suori,
I will start doing high intensity interval training from now on. Is 4-5 days of HITT 
per week for about 20 mins fine or should I do it regularly...?

I am a student so I am not able to find time everyday.

Pulkit.
AgentX
AgentX
India
2012/10/23, 10:27 PM
 Hi 8percentorless,
Thanks for the info.
I just had a few queries about the kind of food I should eat.
I am a student and I am living in a hostel so the food provided there is not of my choice. Alongwith that I am a vegetarian so fishes etc. are out of question.
I eat fruits and whole beans(like grams), but still often I feel hungry after having them so my diet gets a little unbalanced many a times.

Any suggestion as to how should I make my daily diet plan..?

Pulkit.
8percentorless
8percentorless
United States
2012/10/25, 04:41 PM
Hi Pulkit,

If you has access to a vitamin store or even a GNC you can get really delicious Omega-3 Chewables that taste like startburst as well as some other chewables that give you daily nutrients (not as a meal replacement though just for nutrition).  If you can invest in a juicer or the Ninja juicer you can buy  fruit and vegetables and juice them to have on the go while you are in school or walking about campus.  YOu can also do baby carrots.  If you can get a hold of some fiber powder you can get you daily fiber that way by just added it to your favorite beverages throughout your day or even bottles of water.  What  you are really need is a great source of protein (which you can from walmart, which is not the best quality but still you can get your protein, otherwise I suggest stopping by a GNC, or Vitamin Shop and seeing what type of protein they have that is in your price range).  If you can't buy protein there is always PB and J sandwiches, cashews, peanuts, and your vegetable have protein in them, sweet potatoes are great, oatmeal, soy milk.  So there are really great options for you if you are a vegetarian.  If you have an Au Bon Pain sandwich shop you can go in from time to time and have wraps made to your liking when food choices are slim pickens, or just buy some wraps and keep them in your living space with some non parishable items like bake beans, onions, potatoes, pesto or tomatoe pesto, olive oil, avacado, etc.  The sky is the limit and makes yourself some really healthy burritos or wraps that can be heated up in a micro wave.  Otherwise, stick to proper serving sizes, read labels, and look at the calorie and carb count.  This should help you out greatly.  Remember, fitness and health living is a lifestyle choice not a hobby.  You can do it!!!

8percentorless
AgentX
AgentX
India
2012/10/26, 12:39 AM
Thanks for that info.
cracktinoco
cracktinoco
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
2012/11/21, 09:37 PM
hey men i think what you need is a fat burn routine plus a fat burner supplement... i would suggests using Liposix 6 Black Concentrated, about 2 pills per day, NO MORE THAN 2 PILLS, and 40-60 min trending machine incline 15.0 (the max) and speed 6.0, i learned that you can burn up to 700kcal per day doing this for 40min.... the first time you do this your tibia is going to hurt but dont worry you'll get use to it
AgentX
AgentX
India
2012/11/22, 12:37 AM
Thanks cracktinoco.