Group: Daily / Weekly Weigh-In .. ACCOUNTABILITY

Created: 2012/01/26, Members: 722, Messages: 716

Official FreeTrainers Community weigh-in to stay on track .. plus weight loss challenges!

Join group

Exercise Question....

Stringbean317
Stringbean317
United States
2012/08/15, 08:44 AM
Hello, Everyone!

My name is Samantha and I've recently joined and so far I love all this site has to offer to keep you motivated and focused for me in achieving my goals.
I've recently started back AGAIN...on my journey to successfully losing and keeping the weight off.  I'm currently in week 5 of my
exercise regimen and at the same time incorporating eating proportionally healthy.

My goal is to lose 30lbs right now.  My question that I do have is that I started my workout different.   I was told that it's best to do your CARDIO last and do STRENGTH TRAINING first?  I do 30-35 min. of strength and 30 min of cardio.  Does anyone have any feedback to this question?
2012/08/15, 11:16 AM
Stringbean317
Hello, Everyone!

My name is Samantha and I've recently joined and so far I love all this site has to offer to keep you motivated and focused for me in achieving my goals.
I've recently started back AGAIN...on my journey to successfully losing and keeping the weight off. I'm currently in week 5 of my
exercise regimen and at the same time incorporating eating proportionally healthy.

My goal is to lose 30lbs right now. My question that I do have is that I started my workout different. I was told that it's best to do your CARDIO last and do STRENGTH TRAINING first? I do 30-35 min. of strength and 30 min of cardio. Does anyone have any feedback to this question?

I have always been told when you do your cardio after strength training it will pump your blood to the muscles that have been ripped and torn allowing them to heal quicker, however I still do a 15 min cardio warm up to get blood flowing before strength training, then after lifting I get on the treadmill/ elliptical

---
Stringbean317
Stringbean317
United States
2012/08/15, 11:46 AM
jconnaughton
Stringbean317
Hello, Everyone!

I've recently started back AGAIN...on my journey to successfully losing and keeping the weight off. I'm currently in week 5 of my

My goal is to lose 30lbs right now. My question that I do have is that I started my workout different. I was told that it's best to do your CARDIO last and do STRENGTH TRAINING first? I do 30-35 min. of strength and 30 min of cardio. Does anyone have any feedback to this question?

I have always been told when you do your cardio after strength training it will pump your blood to the muscles that have been ripped and torn allowing them to heal quicker, however I still do a 15 min cardio warm up to get blood flowing before strength training, then after lifting I get on the treadmill/ elliptical

---

---
Stringbean317
Stringbean317
United States
2012/08/15, 11:48 AM
Thank you, I'll try splitting it up like that.  Doing the first 15 min. for warmup and after strength training just do the other 15 mins.  Again, thank you.