Stringbean317

• United States United States
  • Female
  • 55 years old
  • United States United States
  • Female
  • 55 years old

Introduction

I've FINALLY decided to change my lifestyle to being healthy, fit and lean and have been on this journey for 5 weeks now. I'm determined to press forward and not to look back!

Goals and motivation

My fitness goals is to become healthier with diet and to focus on losing fat and toning in the process.

Fit wall

• Stringbean317 Stringbean317 2012/08/16
    Today's Daily Exercise: Great Holiday Gifts: Home Workout Equipment It's tough to stay active during the holiday season, but stocking up on exercise equipment gifts for yourself and your friends can help you stay motivated despite the holiday hubbub. Invest in equipment that has stood the test of time and has proven to be both effective and fun.
  • Stringbean317 Stringbean317 2012/08/15
    Today's Daily Diet: Carbs 101: Carbohydrates, like protein and fat, are a form of energy. In fact, they are the only form of energy used by the brain and central nervous system, and the body’s preferred source of energy, which is why most people eat a diet that is roughly 50% carbohydrates. Additionally, carbohydrates contain 4 calories per gram, are found in all foods that are not purely protein and/or fat, and come in a couple of different types: simple and whole grain.
    Today's Daily Healthy Living: Safely Stretch Your Hamstrings Rushing through a warm up or cool down can often result in tight hamstrings. According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, failure to properly stretch your hamstrings can lead to back pain, stiffness, and lower-extremity injury. Safe hamstring stretching will improve an athlete’s mobility, reduce back pain, and reduce the risk of injury.
    Today's Daily Exercise: Benefits Of Swimming For Exercise When you swim, you use your entire body to propel yourself through the water. According to the Livestrong Foundation, swimming is good for muscle strength and cardiovascular exercise. The water provides natural resistance, which makes your workout more effective.