Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

fat in your upper body

Fallen27angel
Fallen27angel
United States
2012/07/14, 06:36 PM
okay so ive been doing HIIT (high intesnsity interval training) treadmill i do 5 min warm up and the do 30/30 run/rest for 10 times and then 5 min cool down times a week with 1 day off. ive seen impact on my stomach down significantly.

My question is how do i get rid of the fat in my upper body primarely the chest, i started doing bench press at 30 degrees to build up my upper chest. what else can i do to help me burn more fat/ tone my chest. need help asap im determined to be healthy and as a bonus look and feel good :) thank you to who ever advices.
kolhy
kolhy
Canada
2012/07/22, 07:35 PM
To lose fat you must do cardio and eat right.  You can't lose fat where you'd like it.  It comes off in a genetically predetermined way.  For me, the fat on my arms and abs are the last to go (and the first to appear).

Keep on doing your HIIT but switch it up with some long slow endurance pieces from time to time.  This will not only add some variety in your fitness regimen, but also help develop another important segment  of the fitness equation.  The benefits you get from HIIT are different from long slow endurance.

Great to hear your priority is to be healthy!  It's one that many people forget and neglect.  

Keep on doing the strength training - they will tone you and/or build muscle (depending on how you train) but they wont spot reduce fat.

Good luck and keep sharing your success with us!  It's good to hear :)