Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 377, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

What's the Diet plan for weight loss?

nehabansal
nehabansal
India
2012/06/22, 04:30 AM
I am 25 kg overweight and really confused about how to lose weight.

Can anyone help me with good recommendations of a healthy  Diet plan for weight  loss .
canEn
canEn
Canada
2012/06/22, 11:31 PM
Part of the difficulty with weight loss is that everyone's body is different. I'm sure you already know the obvious: you need to burn more calories than you consume. My recomendation is to cut back on (but don't eliminate) the starch and fat in your diet. If you feel snacky, choose nutrient food with a low GI: this will make you feel fuller longer. To give you an idea, when I (a fairly sedentary woman at the time) lost my weight, I was consuming 3 servings of vegetables, two servings of fruit, two servings of starch, two servings of protien, two sevings of fat, and a serving of dairy a day, plus a treat that was about 100 calories (this is important for your sanity). Obviously what will work for you is not necessarily what worked for me, but I hope that helps. Keep in mind that you should only lose a max of 2lbs (slightly less than a kilo) per week if you want to maintain the weight loss. This equates to approx. a 1000 calorie deficit per day (there are 3500 calories in 1lb of fat). I hope that helps!
lomew6
lomew6
Australia
2012/11/10, 09:12 AM
Hello guys I would like to lose about 5 pounds, maybe a little more. I need a excellent healthy diet program or at least some food recommendations. So if you have a excellent losing weight program please create it in a Morning food, lunchtime, dinner, and treat structure please Thank you!