Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 377, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

power clean

world_uniter
world_uniter
United States
2012/04/18, 01:26 PM
I'm doing the gym training currrently and doing 2 days body part split work out. So, iim wondering where can i add in power clean as a part of my work out?
2012/04/18, 01:45 PM
Power clean is a very advanced movement that involves quads, calves, glutes, hamstring, lower back, shoulders and traps. Your profile says that the longest time that you've stuck with lifting is a month. I would suggest that you not do them at all or that you find an experienced lifter to teach you to do them properly.

You say you are doing a two day split. You don't say how your split is set up. Given the body parts involved in this movement, the chances are that an argument could be made for doing it on any day. Again, this is an advanced lift and you can hurt yourself doing it improperly.  My best suggestion is don't do it on either day. If you must try it, get experienced help.
world_uniter
world_uniter
United States
2012/04/18, 03:08 PM
I'm doing work out 2 days and then rest one day work out split in the gym training program. 

Then, how long should I be lifting to perform power clean? I really want to try it.
2012/04/18, 04:40 PM (Edited: @ft@d_124774 - 2012/04/18, 04:52 PM)
Nobody can answer that question but you. You need to have an experienced lifter give you hands on help with an advanced lift like that. You need to use perfect form in every phase of the lift. It is a compound lift. Each step along the lift depends on having the one before it exactly right. I don't think it would be responsible to encourage you to do a lift like that without an experienced lifter to help you.

You can try the basic movements with a broom. You can study videos by Googleing the lift. I'm not going to say when you are ready.

You may want to take this question to the power lifting group. I doubt that you'll get a different answer but you could give it a shot. be sure you mention that you've been lifting for a month....