Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

daily core exercises?

raley.jd
raley.jd
United States
2012/04/11, 03:18 PM
So I'm pretty much brand new to working out. I just joined a gym and was excited to find this website to help guide me because I've had almost no training in the past. I just checked out the "Gym training workout program"  and signed up for two days on, one day off.

One thing on here confuses me though:

I'm familiar with working different muscle groups every day and beginning with cardio warm-ups, but before each of my workouts I am assigned four core workouts each day. Can someone please explain the science or reasoning behind this? And also, since the core workout options are the same each day, should I change up my "choose one" option every day? In other words, if I am to workout my abs every day, should I switch up the exercises so that I don't work the same muscles or will the one day off give me enough time to repair?

Thanks!
2012/04/11, 03:59 PM
I had pretty much the same question here

http://www.freetrainers.com/forums/t/48629/

See if that answers your question.  Additionally,  Change up on exercises is always good.
2012/04/11, 08:43 PM
Hello,

I agree with Charlie's early post that your core is very important and provides the basis for most compound heavy lifts. There is also a core muscle which most people are not aware of call the Transverse abdominis (TVA) that plays a vital role in core stabilization and is a very important muscle. To produce heavy lifting later on you need to have a strong core without one you could cause injuries to your back and spine.

I personally try to work my core each workout for endurance and conditioning (I need to keep a hard stomach for my MMA) and only train it once a week with heavy resistance. I ahve never had any problems with it and find it gives my stomach a nice toned look.

I change my exercises frequently so i dont get bored and also so my body doesnt adapt.