Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

where to begin

isabel38
isabel38
United Kingdom
2012/04/02, 03:41 PM
hi i joined here today, for help in losing weight, i have not got a clue where to start, i do walk alot already, and i do cook everything from fresh, but every diet i look at contains fish, but i dont like fish, i need to work out more but worried about joining a gym, any advice would be very grateful
2012/04/03, 10:41 AM
You don't like any fish? Tuna is high protein but lean pork, beef, chicken, lentils sweet potatoes, turkey, and tons of other food are available. There are home workouts available under the exercise heading. Why don't you want to join a gym.

If you have space, you can buy used equipment for next to nothing and set up your own home gym.
isabel38
isabel38
United Kingdom
2012/04/03, 10:54 AM
I dont want to join the gym as when i went to have alook everyone seemed to be a size 0, which i am far from and i am embarassed about it, i have started to swim everyday for 2 hrs, i have printed off one of the home exercise sheets and will start tonight with that, wish me luck
2012/04/03, 11:14 AM
I don't like gyms for numerous reasons. I don't like waiting on machines or weights. I understand the intimidation thing but my past experience in gyms is that most people are very friendly and helpful. I belonged to a small community gym and made lots of friends.

A few dumbbells or kettlebells will greatly expand your home workout. We have a kettlebell forim. You only need one kettlebell to start and the entire kettlebell routine is hevily oriented toward getting a great workout using the kettlebell and your body weight. It's very effective.
isabel38
isabel38
United Kingdom
2012/04/03, 11:19 AM
thankyou will invest in a kettle any other advise you can give will be very appricated
Isabel
2012/04/03, 11:26 AM
Isabel, go to the kettlebell forum and investigate and ask questions. Don't buy anything until you understand the basics. Tim can give you links to information and videos on KB training. It is intense but highly effective. Do your homework.