Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Beginner with limited work out space HELP!

dcgoaliegrl
dcgoaliegrl
United States
2012/02/29, 06:39 PM
I want to be able to exercise but I have such a little space to do so, What exercises would you reccomand.
2012/02/29, 07:29 PM
I'm guessing that a gym membership isn't possible. Look at kettlebells or dumbbels if you're looking for a lifting routine. Welcome to FT.
heraldstorm
heraldstorm
United States
2012/02/29, 10:08 PM
You really don't need much space to do a home workout routine.  Resistance bands don't take much space to store, and are very portable, so they can be taken with you if you travel.  Charlie's got good suggestions about dumbells or kettleballs, although I don't know much about kettleballs.  The set of dumbells I have allows you to add weight plates to it as you get stronger.  It's a bit of a pain if you have to change weights in the middle of your routine, so you may think about a few sets of dumbells, or get a dial weight setting if you can afford it.

As for exercises, it depends on what equipment you end up with.  I'd definitely recommend things to shape up the core region, like crunches (an exercise ball is great for this) leg lifts, squats/lunges, etc.  Many basic exercises can be done in a place as small as a dorm room, as long as the roomie doesn't mind.  A few more details about what you've got to work with and what you're open to would be helpful!

Good luck!
-Herald