Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

I'm so excited......

Sorrel
Sorrel
Canada
2003/01/04, 09:23 PM
I am very glad to become a part of the team. It's nice to have some support. I begin my exercise program in a couple of days and am very excited to have a set routine with full explanations. The only thing I am very uncertain about is how much weight to start with. Do I increase with each set? The following week do I start with more weight? I would love some guidance here as I am a little confused. By the way I am a 25 year old female 130lbs, 5'8 and my main goal is to tone up and gain a little more muscle definition.
mrmagical
mrmagical
United States
2003/01/04, 09:31 PM
Hi welcome to FT glad you are here.It will take you a couple of workouts to really get the feel for the exact weights you are comfortable with. Yes you should increase the weight with each set you do if you can, just keep your form a top priority.Make notes on a paper if the weight seems to easy so next week you can get a better idea.Hope this helps.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/04, 09:33 PM
Welcome to fretrainers. You will find alot of good answers to your questions here.
The way to find out how much weight to begin with is to find the weight that you are comfortable with and be able to lift it for the amount of required reps with difficulty on the last 2-3 reps. You increase this as you feel fit. There are no magic numbers, it is different for all of us. If you increase the weight with each set you will have to lower the wieghts accordingly, depends on what kind of program you have.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
Sorrel
Sorrel
Canada
2003/01/06, 10:53 AM
Thank you for you help. I think I have a better idea now. I guess it'll be a case of trial and error. It's great to have some much more experienced members to help......Thanks!