Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

How to select starting weights

chubbylite
chubbylite
United Kingdom
2012/01/10, 03:06 PM
How do beginners select the correct weights to start exercising with for example in my workout for weight loss it says to do high set repetitions but how do you start at the right weight so by the time you get to the last set you are able to complete??
2012/01/10, 04:53 PM
Hi, choosing starting weights takes some experimentation. In a high rep weight loss regimine, you want to do a light warm up set that you can easily finish and that doesn't tax you. Increase the weight each set until you reach the last set. You want the last set to be a bit of a challenge but you should be able to complete all of the reps with perfect form.

Form is critical. You are going to be doing this for a long time. It's okay to take a few days or weeks to find the right weight for each set. Use your fitness log to keep track. all of the FT workout movements are on the sight so you can look at pictures of proper form. I still use those resources because changing up movements is good. Keep your body guessing what you're going to do to it next.

Eat properly rest properly and understand that muscle grows during the rest between workouts.
chubbylite
chubbylite
United Kingdom
2012/01/10, 05:12 PM
Ty Charlie

I did have a feeling it was a more experimental thing but i dont mind asking the stupid questions others hate to ask i guess lol
2012/01/11, 09:32 AM
The stupid question is the one you don't ask. OTOH, I've been known to offer up stupid answers.