Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

7 exercises with 4 sets each??

lmoreau
lmoreau
Canada
2011/11/25, 05:53 PM
I'm a semi beginner, I used to go the gym on and off for a few years but haven't worked out in about a year. So I picked that I'm a beginner to start from scratch. The workout it gave me for mass building though seems opposite compared to most books and other sites. On day one it wanted me to do wide grip pull ups which is fine, however it was 4 sets 20 reps, 20 reps, 16 reps and 12 reps! I don't see how that's possible for a beginner.

Anyway I'm on day two today which is arms abs shoulders. It has 7 exercises total each with 4 sets. Some are also things like dumb bell kick backs so they're one arm at a time. I've always been told by trainers to keep work outs to 45 minutes or so max but I don't see how it's possible to do 7 exercises with 4 sets each. Not only that but they're all like 20, 20, 16, 12 or what not. Most guides I've used before say it should be either "12, 10, 6" etc type a thing. Is this actually good for mass building?
2011/12/18, 01:29 AM
That's not a mass building workout. It's more for stamina and or weight loss. With that number of reps you should be lifting relatively light. You are correct in thinking that for mass building the reps should be lower. Try filling out your workout again. You may have clicked on the wrong button.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie