Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

distal bicep pain

lchamberlain3
lchamberlain3
United States
2011/11/15, 12:04 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site, but I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas to my situation. While doing barbell bicep curls about a year ago, I had extreme pain in my left bicep and felt a popping sensation. I quit lifting that day and the next day felt completely normal. There wasn't any brusing or swelling in my arm and my bicep is still intact. About 5 months after the incident I started to have pain in my bicep and started feeling a popping sensation in my bicep followed by extreme pain that resided quickly. I have had an MRI and have had 3 orthopedic doctors view the MRI and have told them my story. The doctors said that the MRI looked good and my bicep isn't torn. The last doctor I have seen said that it was some condition where the bicep tendon rubs on other tissues in the arm and that is what is causing the popping sensation. He said that I can lift and do whatever I want, which doesn't seem right to me. Has anyone heard of a situation like this or know what it might be? Thanks!